B.Tech Agricultural Engineering :- The B.Tech program in Agricultural Engineering is currently in high demand. The undergraduate course of B.Tech in Agricultural Engineering spans over a duration of four years. It encompasses the study of agricultural principles along with the application of engineering concepts in areas such as food production, farm machinery, and various other agricultural processes. The curriculum of this course is designed to offer comprehensive theoretical and practical understanding of specialized agricultural engineering concepts. Graduates of this course are presented with numerous job opportunities, as the field of agriculture continues to witness significant advancements and innovation.
What is B.Tech Agricultural Engineering?
- 1 What is B.Tech Agricultural Engineering?
- 2 B.Tech Agricultural Engineering Course Details
- 4 Why Choose a B.Tech in Agricultural Engineering?
- 5 Eligibility Criteria in B.Tech Agricultural Engineering Course
- 6 Admission Process Of B.Tech Agricultural Engineering Courses
- 7 Entrance Exams of B.Tech Agricultural Engineering
- 8 Fee Structure
- 9 Syllabus and Subjects in B.Tech Agricultural Engineering
- 10 Jobs and Placements in B.Tech Agricultural Engineering
- 11 Scope in B.Tech in Agricultural Engineering
- 12 M.Tech in Agricultural Engineering
B.Tech Agricultural Engineering is an accredited engineering program that encompasses various subjects pertaining to agricultural engineering. It encompasses topics such as agricultural engineering structures, post-harvest technology, soil and water conservation technology, and much more. The B.Tech program in Agricultural Engineering imparts knowledge in diverse areas including agricultural machinery, pump technology, hydraulic irrigation technology, structural engineering, groundwater management, well construction, measurement technology, and agricultural control technology.
The 4-year, 8-semester B. Tech. in Agricultural Engineering bachelor’s curriculum has a total duration of 4 years. Applicants to the B.Tech Agricultural Engineering programme must have finished the 12th grade or any other degree that is equivalent to the science stream. Through this degree, candidates receive an agricultural engineering-specific curriculum as well as a thorough theoretical and practical understanding of agricultural principles.
B.Tech Agricultural Engineering Course Details
|B.Tech Agricultural Engineering
|Mode of Exam
|75,000 – 1.5 lakhs
Why Choose a B.Tech in Agricultural Engineering?
There are several advantages to pursuing a B.Tech in Agricultural Engineering:
- Graduates of the B.Tech Agricultural Engineering program can explore a plethora of rewarding career opportunities in both corporate and governmental sectors.
- Acquiring a BTech in agricultural engineering opens doors to professional growth and higher-paying positions in the public and private domains.
- The program equips students with a diverse range of job prospects across various industries.
- Notably, in rural countries like India, there is a significant demand for agricultural engineering expertise, making this field highly sought-after in terms of employment.
What Does an Agricultural Engineer Do?
Agricultural Engineers undertake various functions and responsibilities, including the development and design of new systems and equipment for agricultural production. They also conduct field visits and perform other related tasks. Some of the common shared responsibilities and functions of Agricultural Engineers are outlined below:
- Utilize computer software to design equipment, systems, or structures.
- Modify environmental factors that impact animal or crop production, such as optimizing airflow in a barn or managing runoff patterns in fields.
- Conduct testing of equipment to ensure safety and reliability.
- Supervise construction and production operations.
- Collaborate with clients, contractors, consultants, and fellow engineers to plan and achieve practical and desirable outcomes.
By fulfilling these responsibilities, Agricultural Engineers contribute to the advancement of agricultural practices and the optimization of production systems.
Read Also : What is DSEU University?
Skills Required for B.Tech Agricultural Engineering
Agricultural engineers have opportunities to work in both public and private sectors. To excel as a top agricultural engineer, it is crucial to possess the following skills:
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to comprehend and analyze complex issues.
- Creative thinking to devise innovative solutions.
- Logical thinking to approach problems systematically.
- Strong problem-solving abilities.
- Attention to detail to ensure precision in work.
- Tenacity and patience to overcome challenges and persevere.
- Analytical capabilities for data interpretation and decision-making.
Developing and honing these skills will help agricultural engineers thrive in their profession and contribute to the advancement of the field.
Eligibility Criteria in B.Tech Agricultural Engineering Course
The eligibility criteria for the B.Tech in Agricultural Engineering program are similar to other branches of B.Tech. To secure admission into the B.Tech Agriculture course, the following requirements must be fulfilled:
- Students should have successfully completed their 12th class from a recognized board-affiliated college, with a minimum percentage of 60%.
- The science stream must have been chosen in the 12th class, with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics or Biology as the main subjects, along with English as a compulsory subject.
- Diploma holders should have completed their diplomas in the respective streams.
- The course duration is four years, divided into eight semesters, with each year comprising two semesters.
Admission Process Of B.Tech Agricultural Engineering Courses
The admission process for the B.Tech Agricultural Engineering course follows two main pathways. Based on their success on national and state-level admission tests, students are admitted based on merit. The specific cutoff scores vary depending on factors such as the chosen college and the applicant’s category. Aspirants must meet the minimum eligibility criteria, which typically include a combination of a bachelor’s degree and entrance exam scores.
After the entrance examination results are declared, universities and colleges announce their respective cutoffs to initiate the admission process. While the admission process may vary among colleges, the general steps to secure admission are as follows:
- Application Procedure:
Students can choose to apply for the course either online or offline. Online applications involve visiting the official website of the desired colleges and providing personal details such as name, contact number, email address, and preferred course. Students who wish to register offline must come to the college in person, complete the necessary paperwork, and register offline.
- Selection Process:
Once the application is accepted, some colleges may conduct additional selection rounds, such as group discussions or personal interviews, before confirming admission. The specific selection process varies depending on the college.
Entrance Exams of B.Tech Agricultural Engineering
Various national and state-level entrance exams are conducted for admission to the B.Tech Agricultural Engineering program. Below are some popular and commonly recognized admission tests in the field:
- ICAR AIEEA
- GCET (Goa Common Entrance Test)
- OUAT (Odisha University of Agriculture and Technology Entrance Exam)
- BCECE (Bihar Combined Entrance Competitive Examination)
- KCET (Karnataka Common Entrance Test)
These entrance exams serve as important assessment tools to evaluate the knowledge and aptitude of aspiring students in the field of agricultural engineering.
The program fees for the B.Tech in Agricultural Engineering course are influenced by various factors, such as the type and reputation of the institute, the academic achievements of the student, and the availability of scholarships. Higher scores on entrance exams can often result in larger scholarship amounts. Government universities generally have lower initial fees, increasing access for students who may have financial constraints. On average, the tuition fees for the B.Tech Agricultural Engineering program range from Rs. 1 to 5 LPA (Lakhs Per Annum).
|Kalasalingam University, Krishnankovil
|₹ 4.81 Lakhs (Approx.)
|Aditya Engineering College, Surampalem
|₹ 2.14 Lakhs (Approx.)
|Rungta College of Engineering and Technology, Bhilai
|₹ 3.18 Lakhs (Approx.)
|Vignan University, Guntur
|₹ 5.10 Lakhs (Approx.)
|Avanthi Institute of Engineering and Technology, Hyderabad
|₹ 1.18 Lakhs (Approx.)
Syllabus and Subjects in B.Tech Agricultural Engineering
The B.Tech in Agricultural Engineering course imparts technical knowledge and skills necessary for excelling in the field of agriculture. It combines principles from various disciplines such as chemical engineering, electrical engineering, and plant biology, applying science and technology to enhance agricultural processes and production. A variety of topics are covered in the curriculum, including:
- Engineering Mathematics
- Engineering Physics
- Mechanics of Solids
- Elements of Electrical Engineering
- Communication Skills
- Engineering Graphics
- Environmental Science
- Computer Programming and Utilization
- Agricultural Engineering
By studying these subjects, students gain a comprehensive understanding of the technical aspects and practical applications relevant to agricultural engineering.
Jobs and Placements in B.Tech Agricultural Engineering
There is a wide range of job opportunities available after completing a B.Tech in Agricultural Engineering. The program is structured to equip students with the knowledge and skills to explore non-traditional agricultural engineering modules and pursue diverse employment avenues. In today’s technologically advanced era, every industry, including agriculture, has undergone transformation. The agricultural sector and its associated industries hold significant importance in the Indian economy. To foster the growth and technological advancement of the Indian agricultural sector, there is a high demand for professionals in agricultural engineering, thus presenting abundant job prospects in this field.
|3.5 – 5 lakhs per year (Approx.)
|2.5 – 4 lakhs per year (Approx.)
|3.6 – 4.7 lakhs per year (Approx.)
|3 – 4 lakhs per year (Approx.)
|4 – 5 lakhs per year (Approx.)
|Quality Assurance Officer
|5 – 6.2 lakhs per year (Approx.)
Scope in B.Tech in Agricultural Engineering
The B.Tech in Agricultural Engineering program facilitates a holistic comprehension of agricultural production encompassing both quality and quantity aspects. Through the course, students delve into diverse scientific and technological applications, equipping them with practical knowledge. Upon graduation, agricultural engineers hold a pivotal role in this field, contributing significantly to the industry. Students who pursue a career as agricultural engineers find ample opportunities in various agricultural and farming enterprises, offering promising salary packages and potential for career growth.
B.Tech in Agricultural Engineering typically encompasses various disciplines related to agriculture, crops, and the advancement of technologies that enhance different types of agricultural equipment. This degree equips students with the necessary skills to apply scientific and technological principles in improving crop production on a large scale. With a B.Tech in Agricultural Engineering, individuals can contribute to the planning, development, and execution of scientific research in environmental contexts. Moreover, this qualification enables individuals to contribute to the development of innovative technologies aimed at addressing agricultural challenges.
M.Tech in Agricultural Engineering
Obtaining a B.Tech in agricultural engineering unlocks a broad spectrum of career prospects, offering numerous lucrative professions to explore. Graduates of the Agricultural Engineering programme can find employment in consultancy, R&D, industry, marketing firms, and agriculture, among other fields. Additionally, they can pursue rewarding positions within government agencies and multinational corporations. The diverse range of career paths available ensures that B.Tech Agricultural Engineering graduates have ample options to choose from and find fulfilling employment opportunities.